Disclaimer! Always think twice before start gambling. Be responsible for your actions. Remember about gambling addiction problems.
Online casinos` responsible gambling policy is one of the most important considerations in relationships with clients. After all, it is quite important that the casino customers enjoy the time they spend on the website and the process, but with the full awareness that their financial and social status is completely their own responsibility. It is quite possible that inappropriate gambling practices can even harm them, as there are some people who may experience difficulties with self-control.
And they cannot be ignored. Here are some thoughts from our portal SLOTS43.
During the game
It is rather imprudent to consider gambling as a way of making money or as an income source, as it is not for nothing that this kind of entertainment is called games: the main targets are fun and thrill.
The majority of players usually set a limit for themselves. This limit stands for a permissible amount that is acceptable to spend in a certain time interval, or just at once.
It is why everyone should take risks consciously, and only for those amounts that you can afford to lose, as there are some people who simply do not know how to control this process. That is why they can lose unbearable amounts. And that is why we want to remind you of some simple self-control rules that will help you keep your hobbies associated with gambling:
- Never set yourself the goal of making money through gambling, because gambling is a way of entertainment, nothing more.
- Trying to recoup everything in one go, you can actually lose quite a bit. If you see that luck does not favor you today, you better try to recoup next time.
- Play exclusively for the amount you can afford. Do not overestimate your strengths, hoping for good luck, because as you know, Luck is quite picky.
- You need to carefully monitor how much time you spend playing the game and how much money you managed to lose or gain during each session.
- In case you feel that it is difficult for you to stop on your own, and you need a break from gambling, make sure to contact the online support service; in that case, you might be excluded for a while.
We would like to add that there is nothing shameful if you are experiencing difficulties with gambling, the main thing is to remember that there are special services that are ready to help you cope with this. Therefore, if you feel the need to deal with this issue, simply try to contact them. Below we will leave some information about several such organizations that help people cope with gambling addiction.
Are you experiencing difficulties now?
Perhaps you have doubts about gambling and its negative impact on your life, or perhaps your loved ones have noticed some disturbing behaviors in you, or you are simply worried about them. The questions below will help you figure out whether to worry and take action to fix the situation or not.
- Do you play purely for entertainment?
- How long have you been gambling alone?
- Can you stop the game before you lose all your money?
- In case of a loss, are you trying to win back some other time, or do you want to return the lost amounts as soon as possible?
- Have you ever been criticized for your hobby?
- Is gambling distracting you from your studies, work or family?
- Do you feel like you have lost interest in your other hobbies, friends, family and things that were important to you before, and now their place is taken by gambling?
- Have you ever tried to hide the amount of money spent on gambling or how much time you spend on it from anyone, or have you had to lie about it?
- Have you ever had to lie, borrow or steal money because you wanted to place a bet?
- Do you have a feeling that you do not want to spend money on the game because you could spend it on something else?
- Have you ever felt drawn to gambling due to stress or some other difficulties in your life?
- Do you have strong negative feelings about running out of money when you gamble? Perhaps you were feeling lost, or perhaps even feeling desperate?
- Have you had suicidal thoughts associated with gambling?
If after reading all these questions, you understand what they mean and agree that you had the described feelings, then most likely you became addicted to gambling and you have problems with it. That is why it is important to turn to specialists and talk about it with someone who can support you. Please contact one of the following organizations to help you deal with the problem.
Exclusion from gambling
When you feel that you need to give yourself time and take a break from gambling, you can always contact support and ask them to exclude you. This means the suspension of your account for a certain period of time, most often it is at least three months. During this period its work cannot be resumed for at least this period, regardless of any circumstances. If you feel that the problems are not so serious and that you will be fine quite soon, you can ask to freeze your account for a short period of just 7 days.
In the event that you want permanent self-exclusion, make sure to contact absolutely all establishments where you gamble (both offline and online), where you have accounts, and make sure to ask them to also block your accounts (not temporarily of course). A rather important recommendation would be to install software that allows you to block access to all online gambling establishments, so-called gambling `parental control`. Explore this type of software options at the bottom of the page.
Reliable services and organizations that provide gambling consulting services
* GamCare is a fairly well-known organization that provides advice and practical assistance to people who need it. They help to deal with the negative consequences of gambling for both the player and his / her family. Located in the UK, direct helpline number: 0845 6000 133, official website: www.gamcare.org.uk
* There is also one more organization with active players who anonymously unite against the problems associated with excessive gambling. This community is run by individuals who had to deal with the issue themselves. Being there, now they show a desire to help those who are facing the same problems and need help to overcome them. They have offices in different countries, located in different parts of the world. You can find more information on the GA`s official website: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk
* Gambling Therapy is an organization that supports and provides advice to victims of gambling addiction. They work in the UK and overseas. You can find more information on their website: www.gamblingtherapy.org
Players who have not yet reached the legal age
The rules of most online casinos have a mandatory clause, stipulating that persons under the age of 18 (can be different depending on the country of citizenship) are not allowed to take part in gambling activities and therefore open an account.
The casino administrators usually strictly follow this rule and require age confirmation from all the clients who perform any monetary transactions on their websites. This is a standard procedure for all casino operators and almost all financial transactions usually have to be verified to make sure that those under 18 are not allowed to be involved in gambling of any kind.
Do not forget, that since the rules prohibit playing if you are under the age of 18, all players who violate this rule might lose access to their account, and the account will be blocked.
Gambling websites filter and parental control
Quite often, parents worry about their children ending up on suspicious websites, or simply being able to perform any action on certain resources (pornographic content for example). That is why, with the help of a special filtering system, you can manage and control the access of your children to the Internet using chosen criteria. So, for example, you can exclude sites with any mentions of gambling. It is especially relevant If you are a parent, or perhaps other family members or friends have access to your computer and you would like to set an access restriction in your browser to save the loved ones from using gambling resources (including our website). Whether required by law or mental health associated reasons or perhaps someone asked you to limit their access to such resources with gambling, make sure to explore the options below for setting up parental controls or filters on your device.
BeGambleAware – Use professional help from the National Gambling Helpline that is available 24/7/365. Don’t be afraid to ask for support about your or someone else’s gambling problems. You can always call 0808 8020 133 or use a live chat option from the BeGambleAware website.
Last Updated on December 30, 2021